MC Lit / English 5 – Wednesday, October 21st
WRITE: Quickwrite #11 – Watch the videos below and respond or comment in your notebook. Work to write the entire 3 minutes.
Excerpts from Dear White People Season 1:Episode 5 – w/ scholarly discussion of language use.
Consider how language use plays a part in the books you are currently reading – and how it ties to code-switching.
BOOK CLUB #1: Breakout rooms for about 20 minutes of reading
- Choose a passage or section with IMPACT from your book club read (up to today’s target).
- Copy it down on the page, word for word.
- Then write about why you chose it?
- Explain it’s importance in the context of the book, by where it fits in the plot/events or what it says about character or how it’s important to the setting or conflict.
- Visit Flipgrid.com (link on the right) and use our usual join code. Then, locate the topic BC#1 YOUR BOOK IMPACT Add a response here. In less than 5 minutes share the info from today’s notebook entry. Due by classtime Monday 10/26.
- Stay on target for BOOK CLUB #1!
UPCOMING: I’ll be posting a mid-term check-in video message & GForm on Friday. Be sure to watch and complete it to be counted present. + OFFICE HOURS as per Friday-usual.
REMINDERS: You can still submit missing WRITING assignments at any time. Student Progress Conferences are the end of next week, so maybe do that before your parent/guardian/grown-ups start checking up. See Mrs. C in Friday’s office hours if you need assistance or have questions.