To set up the shared folder for English 7A/8A/MCLR do the following:
- Using your email address, sign up for Dropbox (unless you already have one) at Dropbox.com
- You can download to your device but you can also skip this step and just use Dropbox online
- There is also an app for your phone (not all features work in the app – just a heads up)
- Create a folder (the folder + icon) and name it “Last name, First name” (yours, not literally last, first – duh)
- Right click on the new folder you created, and choose “invite to folder” or choose to share
- Use my email email@example.com and “invite to folder” (share)
- Once I accept, I can see items you place in our shared folder and I can place items in the folder for YOU. (Our shared folder will have two stick people on it when it is successfully shared).
If you like the functionality of Dropbox (no flashdrive needed if you have an internet connection), you can keep this account. You can set up other folders that are yours and yours alone, and you can even share with friends to work on group projects and such. At the end of the year, I delete my connection to the shared folder and it becomes all yours again.
- To Upload files to our shared folder, open it, click the upload (paper +) icon, select your file and press “done.”
- To rename files, right click, and choose rename.