At some point in the semester, students will be asked to lead classroom booktalks. The point is to share with your class, something worth reading (and to complete a presentation – a necessary skill, even if you don’t always look forward to it).
- Sign-up for your book talk day (or Mrs. C will assign you one)
- Complete a book talk preparation sheet to help guide your discussion
- Carefully choose your read-aloud, make sure you find/copy it in advance, and PRACTICE it
- Post your blog entry to the “indie” reads site
- Casually present on the designated day
Some xtra tips:
- Title and author are BOTH important. Be sure mention both. Pronounce them correctly when you present and spell them correctly when you post your blog entry.
- Be careful to choose a read-aloud that you can handle, one you are semi-comfortable with, one that starts and ends well
- NO SPOILERS – your audience wants to eventually read the book, don’t give everything away
- Post your blog entry a couple of days in advance to avoid last minute technical problems