Rhetoric & Comp – Tuesday, September 15th
Today, begin by posting a reading check-in on the padlet – USE the link on the right for Indie Read Check-Ins ENGLISH 7A – add a post-it as instructed.
Book talks. 🙂
WRITE: Quickwrite #5: Indelible – write about an indelible moment.
- Read “Reading as a Writer” by Don Murray from A Writer Teaches Writing.
- Review RLaW concepts introduced earlier
- Read “Cruel as It Is” by Leonard Pitts, Jr. from The Miami Herald (February 2010)
- Work in your new WRITE CLUB groups to RLaW (on the MSWord version of this op-ed in one of your drafts folders)
- Consider/Introduce BIG MOVES / SMALL MOVES
NEW: College Application Essay intro & prompt info. – CHOOSE or BRING a prompt for class on Thursday (Yes, it can be one you’ve been working on).
TO DO: Read something awesome – try at least 20 minutes per day.
DEADLINE: The extended deadline for SWIC course registration is TODAY 9/15. It could be your last chance to register, so please do so!
UPCOMING: College application essay work