Today, begin by posting a reading check-in on the padlet – USE the link on the right for Indie Read Check-Ins MC Lit / English 5 – add a post-it as instructed.
Book talks. 🙂
Quickwrite #4: American Dream cartoon. Thoughts?
Core Read: A Letter to My Nephew – James Baldwin (1962)
- Using the pdf of Baldwin’s letter, choose a line (or two) that feels important to you.
- Copy it word for word onto your notebook page (paper or digital).
- Put it in quotation marks since it is a quote.
- Underneath, share WHY you chose this quote?
- What does it say to you? Why does it feel important?
- Does it apply to NOW – 2020?
- Continue to write any thoughts you have about the quote, related to the quote, things it reminds you of, etc.
- Choose your BIG GROUP READ – Solo, The Poet X, or Long Way Down – and fill out the Google form indicating which book and how you are accessing it (this is on the slideshow attached to GClassroom! (DO this TODAY! – We start this book next week)
- Read something awesome at least 15 minutes!
- INDIVIDUAL READING RATE – this was Friday 9/11 check-in (if you didn’t complete it, do so)
- Writing 1 – due 9/6 (but I still need it)
UPCOMING: Last core read for this study on Wednesday and details on Writing 2.