IMPORTANT: See today’s extra post titled BIG CHANGES! to see how it can make your school work easier (or more worth your time).
- Indie read – 15 to 20 🙂
- Quickwrite* #25: Using your MG topic as inspiration, let’s play with genre in our notebooks. Create either a text conversation between two people (real or fictional) or a Top 10 list (with or without reasons) (if you run out of ideas for one genre, try the others). *A new video is available at the e8mg20 Flipgrid that talks through how these quickwrites work and what they are “for” – check it out if you need clarification on what you should be doing here.
- BIG CHANGES – See the separate posts and/or Flipgrid videos at flipcode e8mg20 (MGoverview section) to see how these changes benefit YOU!
- It’s time to start writing. Where will you begin? That is up to you. First mark: you will need minimum 4 pages (not counting your title page) complete. You might start with your research piece – or maybe poetry – or dear reader – or even extra genres that you have in mind (use your notebook for inspiration here – you might have something recent worth developing further). This 4 pages, to be clear, can be a variety of things adding up to 4 pages. You can move, change, and rearrange it all later. Just write it. You are welcome to keep it all one document (that’s what I would do) or you could make several individual docs for now and combine them later if you want (that’s more work, but organize as you wish).
- UPDATED – Over the weekend, I noticed some outdated info on MG FAQs page – check it out for updates. Click the tab at the top labeled “Multi-Genre FAQs” – for a question-answer format that might address or clarify questions you have about your project.
- “Ideals” sheet – this is NOT a rubric, but just a quick guide on what you might be going for in any of the “required” genres of your paper. Check it out here: MG Ideals Rubric ENG 8 version
- Don’t give up. Keep working at whatever step you are on. You can still make up anything you are missing.
- EXTENDED!! Mark #1 is 4 – 6 pages (your choice as to what that might include) – due end of day
TUESDAY 4/7WEDNESDAY 4/8
- Your MGIdeas & MGDesigns have some feedback – check it out by opening your doc in MSWord (I’ll be rechecking folders for progress today)
- VIRTUAL OFFICE HOURS again this week Tuesday & Thursday from 10 – 12. It was so good to see some of you this week! Stop by to ask questions, get feedback, or just check-in. 🙂 (Use the same invite in your email last week – if you need a new one, let me know)
- BookTalk! There are some good ones posted (and I’m about to check who has booktalked to show complete in Skyward)