DUE DATES: If you are looking strictly at the MG Schedule, you’ll see we are a day or two behind and that is okay. Just check the website deadlines for when things are actually due – I’ve been building in extra time to let you get online feedback from each other in Flipgrid and to leave time for questions via email and such.
- Indie read – make some time for reading this weekend
- It’s time to start writing. Where will you begin? That is up to you. You will need from 6 to 8 pages (not counting your title page) complete. You might start with your research piece – or maybe poetry – or dear reader – or even extra genres that you have in mind (use your notebook for inspiration here – you might have something recent worth developing further). This 6 – 8 pages, to be clear, can be a variety of things adding up to 6 to 8 pages. You can move, change, and rearrange it all later. Just write it. You are welcome to keep it all one document (that’s what I would do) or you could make several individual docs for now and combine them later if you want (that’s more work, but organize as you wish).
- ANOTHER PLACE FOR HELP on the MG: click the tab at the top labeled “Multi-Genre FAQs” – you’ll find a question-answer format that might address or clarify questions you have about this project.
- Don’t give up. Keep working at whatever step you are on. You can still make up anything you are missing.
- EXTENDED!!! Mark #1 is 6 to 8 total pages (your choice as to what that might include) – we’re going to push this due date to
SUNDAY 4/5MONDAY 4/6
- Your MGIdeas & MGDesigns have some feedback – check it out by opening your doc in MSWord
- VIRTUAL OFFICE HOURS again next week Tuesday & Thursday from 10 – 12. It was so good to see some of you this week! Stop by to ask questions, get feedback, or just check-in. 🙂 (Use the same invite in your email last week)
- BookTalk! There are some good ones posted (and I’m about to check who has booktalked to show complete in Skyward)
- A total of 4 Memory Book one-pagers should be in a sub-folder in your Dropbox submissions folder. (These are just hanging out waiting for Memory Book work in May. But if you haven’t written them, this would be a great time to do so.) The Skyward checkmark is if you have ALL four in your SUBMISSIONS folder.