NEW FORMAT: Since we are working on an extended project, let’s switch it up and go college-style. You can now expect to see posts on Monday, Wednesday, & Friday with M & W bringing you new study and updates and quickwrites. On Tuesdays and Thursdays we’ll do “office” hours via zoom where you can check in or ask questions and get real-time response. (You can also still email questions and get responses.) Friday’s posts will bring things for the week together, remind you up updates, deadlines, and anything you might need to catch up on.
DUE DATES: If you are looking strictly at the MG Schedule, you’ll see we are a day or two behind and that is okay. Just check the website deadlines for when things are actually due – I’ve been building in extra time to let you get online feedback from each other in Flipgrid and to leave time for questions via email and such.
- Indie read – the usual 15 to 20 – everyday!
- Quickwrite* #36: Using one of your MG topic possibilities as inspiration, let’s play with genre in our notebooks. Create either an abstract recipe (you’ll need ingredients & directions) or a tweet thread (commentary in short – less than 280 characters; but you can string together more than one & add fictional comments by others if you want) or a sales ad (is there a product to sell in relation to your topic?) (if you run out of ideas for one genre, try the others). *Keep in mind for Quickwrites in class, I give you 3 to 4 minutes ON A TIMER to write. Feel free to use your phone or a clock or the microwave timer or whatever to time yourself and keep the writing moving.
- After you submit your design via Dropbox drafts folder, hit up your GROUP Flipgrid (check the code from your email if you forgot it – or email me, I’ll send it to you again) and talk through your design there in the new topic “Designs for Research” – I’ll create that topic in the next hour or so. THIS IS WHERE SEEING & HEARING ABOUT YOUR WC GROUP MEMBERS’ DESIGNS WILL HELP YOU MAKE YOURS BETTER (or know if you did it “right” or whatever).
- Do any things you have not yet done from the previous days. (Make the Hamlet group survey a priority please – I need to hear back from everyone. Text/Msg your friends/classmates/WC peeps.)
P.S. Info about how to access “office” hours in a quick post later today (and an email version sent out to you as well).
- MGDesign due no later than end of day Monday 3/30 – TODAY! (See directions on Friday’s post & a template in Dropbox)
- Check in in your WC Group Flipgrid to share your MGDesign
- Google survey about Hamlet group paper experience (I have almost all of these. Remind your friends. I’ll call out whose are missing tomorrow – check the webpost or your school email for the link)
- A total of 4 Memory Book one-pagers should be in a sub-folder in your Dropbox submissions folder. (These are just hanging out waiting for Memory Book work in May. But if you haven’t written them, this would be a great time to do so.)