NOTE: Over the weekend, I will be checking to see who has posted updates & MGIdeas in Flipgrid, who has MGIdeas in Dropbox, and who has completed the survey. These will appear in Skyward as completed or not – so we can at least keep track of what you have accomplished. If you have questions or need help in completing this work, please reach out.
- Indie read – the usual 15 to 20 (at least) all weekend long
- Quickwrite* #22: Using one of your MG topic possibilities as inspiration, let’s play with genre in our notebooks. Create either a greeting card or a comic (doesn’t matter if you “can’t draw”) or a series of haikus (poems written in 3 lines with 5 – 7- 5 format;Google Haiku if you are unfamiliar) (if you run out of ideas for one genre, try the others). *Keep in mind for Quickwrites in class, I give you 3 to 4 minutes ON A TIMER to write. Feel free to use your phone or a clock or the microwave timer or whatever to time yourself and keep the writing moving.
- Do any things you have not yet done from the previous days. (Make the Hamlet group survey a priority please – I need to hear back from everyone. Text/Msg your friends/classmates/WC peeps.)
- NEXT UP: narrowing your focus to ONE topic and generating pieces of writing.
- BY END OF TODAY 3/17 – TAKE the “Distance Learning Survey” via Google
- YESTERDAY 3/26 – Sometime today (if you haven’t already) reconnect with your WRITE CLUB by adding a video to the topic “How are you?..Really”
- YESTERDAY 3/26 – Idea Exploration (LastnameMGIdeas.docx – there’s a template for it in your Dropbox drafts folder) 3 – 5 ideas.
- EXTENDED!! TODAY FRIDAY 3/27 – Share w/ your WRITE CLUB via Flipgrid these ideas – talk them through – you’ll find a topic for this in your group Flipgrid.
- END OF DAY SUNDAY 3/29 – Watch your group members’ videos and respond to them with your thoughts and opinions (I’ll be doing this too).