Rhetoric & Comp – Friday, March 27th
NOTE: Over the weekend, I will be checking to see who has completed the survey, who has posted updates & MGIdeas in Flipgrid & who has MGIdeas in Dropbox. These will appear in Skyward as completed or not – so we can at least keep track of what you have accomplished. If you have questions or need help in completing this work, please reach out.
- Indie read – the usual 15 to 20 (at least) all weekend long
- Quickwrite* #35: Using one of your MG topic possibilities as inspiration, let’s play with genre in our notebooks. Create either a greeting card or a comic (doesn’t matter if you “can’t draw”) or a series of haikus (poems written in 3 lines with 5 – 7- 5 format;Google Haiku if you are unfamiliar) (if you run out of ideas for one genre, try the others). *Keep in mind for Quickwrites in class, I give you 3 to 4 minutes ON A TIMER to write. Feel free to use your phone or a clock or the microwave timer or whatever to time yourself and keep the writing moving.
- IT’S TIME to narrow down topics – what will you pursue in your MG paper?
- Design your research plan. Handout here: RESEARCH DESIGN (Find a video to go over this handout on Flipgrid under flipcode rcmg20 in the Overview topic. Please watch this short run through for some special sidenotes about topic selection). You’ll find a template for this in your Dropbox drafts folder later today or download it here: MGDesign Template
- Do any things you have not yet done from the previous days. (Make the Hamlet group survey a priority please – I need to hear back from everyone. Text/Msg your friends/classmates/WC peeps.)
- MGDesign due no later than end of day Monday 3/30
- Next week: We’ll get started writing!!!
- Google survey about Hamlet group paper experience (This was sent out MONDAY!! – check the webpost for the link)
- A total of 4 Memory Book one-pagers should be in a sub-folder in your Dropbox submissions folder. (These are just hanging out waiting for Memory Book work in May. But if you haven’t written them, this would be a great time to do so.)