NEW FORMAT: Since we are working on an extended project, let’s switch it up and go college-style. You can now expect to see posts on Monday, Wednesday, & Friday with M & W bringing you new study and updates and quickwrites. On Tuesdays and Thursdays we’ll do “office” hours via zoom where you can check in or ask questions and get real-time response. (You can also still email questions and get responses.) Friday’s posts will bring things for the week together, remind you up updates, deadlines, and anything you might need to catch up on.
- Indie read – the usual 15 to 20 – everyday!
- Quickwrite* #23: Using one of your MG topic possibilities as inspiration, let’s play with genre in our notebooks. Create either an abstract recipe (you’ll need ingredients & directions) or a tweet thread (commentary in short – less than 280 characters; but you can string together more than one & add fictional comments by others if you want) or a sales ad (is there a product to sell in relation to your topic?) (if you run out of ideas for one genre, try the others). *Keep in mind for Quickwrites in class, I give you 3 to 4 minutes ON A TIMER to write. Feel free to use your phone or a clock or the microwave timer or whatever to time yourself and keep the writing moving.
- IT’S TIME to narrow down topics – what will you pursue in your MG paper?
- Design your research plan. Handout here: RESEARCH DESIGN Eng 8 (Find a video to go over this handout on Flipgrid under flipcode e8mg20 in the Overview topic. Please watch this short run through for some special sidenotes about topic selection). You’ll find a template for this in your Dropbox drafts folder later today or download it here: MGDesign Eng 8 Template
- Do any things you have not yet done from the previous days. (Make the distance learning survey a priority please – I need to hear back from everyone. Text/Msg your friends/classmates/WC peeps.)
P.S. Info about how to access “office” hours in a quick post later today (and an email version sent out to you as well).
- MGDesign due no later than end of day Wednesday 4/1
- Later this week: We’ll get started writing!!!