THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to all of you who responded to the survey. The most important question was the last one (about your well-being) and today we’re gonna slow it down a bit and GET CAUGHT UP! See my extra post today with tips to keep moving forward.
- Indie read – the usual 15 to 20 (at least)
- Quickwrite* #34: Using one of your MG topic possibilities as inspiration, let’s play with genre in our notebooks. Write either a biography/character sketch (real or fictional) or a set of interview questions (if you run out of ideas for one genre, try the other). *Keep in mind for Quickwrites in class, I give you 3 to 4 minutes ON A TIMER to write. Feel free to use your phone or a clock or the microwave timer or whatever to time yourself and keep the writing moving.
- Do any things you have not yet done from the previous days. (Make the Hamlet group survey a priority please – I need to hear back from everyone. Text/Msg your friends/classmates/WC peeps.)
- NEXT UP: narrowing your focus to ONE topic and generating pieces of writing.
- YESTERDAY 3/25 – Sometime today (if you haven’t already) reconnect with your WRITE CLUB by adding a video to the topic “How are you? …Really”
- END OF DAY YESTERDAY 3/25 – Idea Exploration (LastnameMGIdeas.docx – there’s a template for it in your Dropbox drafts folder) 3 – 5 ideas.
- EXTENDED!! BY 3pm
NOON (12pm)TODAY 3/26 – Share w/ your WRITE CLUB via Flipgrid these ideas – talk them through – I’ll add a topic for this in just a bit.
- EXTENDED!! BY
end of 3/26ANYTIME 3/27 – Watch your group members’ videos and respond to them with your thoughts and opinions (I’ll be doing this too).
- Google survey about Hamlet group paper experience (This was sent out MONDAY!! – check the webpost for the link)
- A total of 4 Memory Book one-pagers should be in a sub-folder in your Dropbox submissions folder. (These are just hanging out waiting for Memory Book work in May. But if you haven’t written them, this would be a great time to do so.)