Your WRITE CLUB is going online via Flipgrid (for now). At some point, we may need to do some live calls via zoom, but let’s start here.
My rationale for this move:
- I’m looking for a way for you to feel connected face-to-face while remaining (for now) asynchronous (this means we don’t have to coordinate being online at the same time.
- I’m looking for a way to connect to you as well (and I can through each group here) and to notice who is taking the time to connect and who is neglecting school work.
- I’m looking for a way for you to feel a little more secure and less self-conscious than big Flipgrid groups where so many more classmates can watch/listen to your videos.
- I’m looking for you to still have feedback that is more than comments in MSWord (although you can still make those too).
HOW IT WORKS
- You will get a school email from Mrs. C with your Flipcode. This code is ONLY for your WRITE CLUB group – no one else has access to it.
- The first topic will be set up as just a check-in. Leave your group a message about how you are doing – what is it like to move to “shelter in place” – how are you and your family holding up or making adjustments to working/learning from home?
- Check back in every once in awhile and respond to your groupmates – it’s okay for this to devolve into outside conversations, etc. I plan on checking on all of you this way.
- Soon, you will have your MG ideas put together. We’ll be sharing them in Dropbox as usual, but also in Flipgrid – more instructions to follow.
TODAY/the next 24 HOURS
- Check your email.
- Use your Flipcode.
- Tell your group (and Mrs. C) how it’s going.
- Check back and respond when it seems appropriate.