Rhetoric & Comp – Tuesday, March 2nd / Thursday, March 4th
WRITE: Quickwrite #14 – Watch the animated short “Hair Love” and consider how you might view it from a Post-Colonial/Multicultural/Critical Race lens. Spend 3 minutes thinking on the page in your writer’s notebook.
STUDY: Thinking about how Post-Colonial/Multicultural/Race Theory operates, take a closer look with Crash Course Sociology’s look at W.E.B. DuBois & Race Conflict
VIDEO EXTRA: Farish Ahmad-Noor’s TEd Talk ” Why is Colonialism (Still) Romanticized?” for perspective on why these stories persist.
RESEARCH STUDY: As part of English 102 / Rhetoric & Composition II – an overview of how to access & search an academic database. Video tutorial on the GClassroom stream later today. Use your SWIC access and try it out. And check out these tips for better searches: Boolean Search Tips from LinkedIn
CREATE/SHARE: Breakout (for whoever is in the same hour w/ the same books) Rooms & Padlet Board creation for BOOK CLUB reads. Use your Notebook Page #2 to create post-its and to comment on/like the post-its of classmates. Build together, discuss together, what makes this book tick? What surprised you? Work within the confines of the second target – no spoilers. (Same link & password for your padlet board as last week. Be sure to SIGN IN to Padlet so your name appears on your posts & commentary).
You can also link here:
- 🔗Patron Saints of Nothing by Randy Ribay
- 🔗Barely Missing Everything by Matt Mendez
- 🔗With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo
- 🔗Love, Hate, & Other Filters by Samira Ahmed
- 🔗Wild by Cheryl Strayed
- 🔗Tradition by Brendan Kiely
- 🔗The 57 Bus by Dahska Slater
- 🔗Monday’s Not Coming by Tiffany D. Jackson
- 🔗The Marrow Thieves by Cherie Dimaline
- 🔗Paper Towns 1 by John Green
- 🔗Paper Towns 2 by John Green
- 🔗Internment by Samira Ahmed
DEADLINES & REMINDERS:
- Memory Book Short #3 window is now open. Due in Dropbox no later than end of day Friday 3/5 (that’s THIS Friday)
- Target #3 for BOOK CLUB – Monday 3/8 (end of book!!!) & prepare Notebook Page #3 for class 3/8 (3/10 for 4th hour ONLY)