WRITE: Quickwrite #12 – Watch the music videos below and respond or comment in your notebook (disclaimer for language). Work to write some comments during each video and then add a commentary that brings them together.
NOTEBOOK/BOOK CLUB #1: WRAP-UP
- What’s worth talking about?
- Favorite character? Why?
- Most powerful or your favorite part? Why?
- Why does this book matter? What can it help us learn about the world or ourselves?
BREAKOUT ROOMS: With others in this hour who read your book, discuss some of the work you just did in your notebook. Let’s talk about the book!
- Visit Flipgrid.com (link on the right) and use our usual join code. Then, locate the topic BC#1 YOUR BOOK WRAP-UP Add a response here. In less than 5 minutes share the info from today’s notebook entry. Due by classtime Monday 11/2.
- Writing #4 – the review. This one combines the topics we’ve been talking about recently, your book club read, and today’s focus on reviews. Due no later than end of day Sunday 11/1.
- WRITING 4 2020
EXTRA: Another round of Book Pass & Book Trailers up on today’s GClassroom stream in case you are looking for your next read.
- With the break provided by Student Progress Conferences (no school Thursday or Friday) be sure to get caught up.
- Make some time to enjoy reading your independent read. Escape.
- Next week we’ll be working with rap lyrics and completing some writing.