As usual, update your reading (independent or your Big Group Read) on the Indie read Padlet board. Then, at class time, sign into the Zoom call.
Quickwrite #7: Work with the poetry in your for-class novel (Solo, Long Way Down, or The Poet X) as instructed
- Choose a single poem you really like
- List words within the poem that you like or list individual words that describe how it makes you feel or what it reminds you of
- Consider and explain why you like those words
- Compare the list of words you chose w/ the explanation
STUDY: Thinking about how poetry works. We’ll do some work in groups (based on the book you chose) to make discoveries about the poetry we are currently studying.
TO DO: Keep reading to target for Wednesday (that’s the end of your book).
- Writing 2 was due 9/20 (Some students still need to complete this. If it’s you, get on that. The assignment can be found on BOTH the GClassroom stream & the website on the posts from Sept. 16th.)
- Time Audit (in your notebook) and the Time Audit Response (GForm) was due Friday 9/25. Find it on Friday’s Classroom stream.