Today, we’ll start with thinking about education and its reliance on grading and ranking.
QW #2 – Points vs. Learning – YOUR thoughts on this video. Whatcha thinkin’ right now? (3 min. write)
Visit today’s Padlet Board with the code Mrs. C gives out and add your thoughts via post-it. Work on what YOU think, not what your friends post.
Read Like a Writer: Reread How I Became a Pirate (you’ll find a copy in your Drafts folder in Dropbox). Open the document in MSWord and use highlighters and commenting to point out what you notice about HOW THE TEXT WAS WRITTEN.
Notes: READ LIKE A WRITER – we’ll add these to our notebooks for reference. THEN – Go back to the How I Became a Pirate and using your RLaW notes, see what else you find.
- What are you reading? YOU NEED A BOOK.
- Set-up Dropbox, Flipgrid, Padlet, apply to SWIC & apply for a GC library card. (Pick up your real card at the main library and maybe get a FREE book).
- Writing Assignment #1 – window for turn in Friday 9/4 to end of day Sunday 9/7. Follow the directions on the assignment sheet. (You can find the syllabus & welcome letter at the top of this page under the SYLLABI tab).
- SWIC APPLY – We will need to register next week, so get those numbers!
- Check in tomorrow via survey (will be posted tomorrow)
- Office hours all day Friday 9/4 – 9am to 12pm and 12:30 to 2pm. Use the zoom invite to log in and get help whenever it works best for you.