Tips for Finalizing
- Don’t forget to delete any comments in the margins made by Mrs. C or any other reviewers. Use the review tab and delete all comments so they don’t show up in your polished PDF.
- If you are using Google Docs, turns out you can’t “Save As” a PDF; you’ll need to DOWNLOAD as a PDF (you might then have to upload it again from wherever you computer downloaded it).
- If you are unable to Save As a PDF or Download As a PDF (I’ve just become aware that if you are using the free version of Word online this is probably the case), try to make sure your paper is formatted the way you want and then let me know and I can convert it to PDF for you.
- Don’t forget to change the document name to LastnameFINALMG so I know it’s the “done deal”
I’ll add more tips here as we come across roadblocks. If you have suggestions or questions email Mrs. C 🙂
MG Checklist Directions
- Open the MG Checklist in your Dropbox drafts folder using MSWord
- Enter the page numbers (from your complete MG draft – aka Mark#2) in each box with a p. to show which page Mrs. C will find that genre on (not all of the boxes will be filled because not all of the pieces are required)
- Type in your project’s title and explain your unifying element in the appropriate spaces
- Type in other genres you added and their corresponding pages in the “extra genres you create” section
- Choose save and return to Dropbox
- CHANGE the document name to LastnameMGChecklist when this is complete
*Watch a video that explains this process with a screencast by visiting Flipgrid e8mg20 (for English 8) and rcmg20 (for Rhet-Comp) It’s in the MG Overview section.