IMPORTANT: IF you haven’t yet read Monday’s post titled BIG CHANGES! to see how it can make your school work easier (or more worth your time), please do so! There are videos on the e8mg20 Flipgrid to help you navigate these new sheets.
ALSO: IF you have yet to get started on pretty much anything, expect an email today that will take you back to step one and help you get caught up.
- Indie read – 15 to 20 🙂
- Quickwrite #26: Using your MG topic as inspiration, let’s play with genre in our notebooks. Create either a news-style article (real or fictional – who, what, when, where, why) or a dialogue between two characters (real or fictional) (if you run out of ideas for one genre, try the others).
- Keep writing. It is ideal if you have 4 to 6 pages done by the end of today. This 4 – 6 pages, to be clear, can be a variety of things adding up to 4 – 6 pages. You can move, change, and rearrange it all later. Just write it. You are welcome to keep it all one document (that’s what I would do) or you could make several individual docs for now and combine them later if you want (that’s more work, but organize as you wish).
- UPDATED – Over the weekend, I noticed some outdated info on MG FAQs page – check it out for updates. Click the tab at the top labeled “Multi-Genre FAQs” – for a question-answer format that might address or clarify questions you have about your project.
- Don’t give up. Keep working at whatever step you are on. You can still make up anything you are missing.
Upcoming: Once you have about 4 pages of your MG written, it’s time to get some WC group feedback. There will be a new Flipgrid topic in your group Flipgrid titled “MARK#1” (this afternoon). It’s there as a place to share your work. FG recently added a screencast option, so you can put your paper on the screen as you talk through it instead of your face if you want. OR members can still open your document in Dropbox and look at it there. Notes on WC groups: If your group prefers another way to meet with each other (like you want to just skype or three-way call or whatever) that’s cool. Also, if NO one in your group is repsonsive and you want new people to connect with, I can make that happen and you can even request each other if you want. And finally, if you want to use FG but don’t know your group flipcode, reach out and I can send it to you again.
- EXTENDED!! Mark #1 is 4 – 6 pages (your choice as to what that might include) – due end of day
TUESDAY 4/7WEDNESDAY 4/8 (TODAY)
- Your MGIdeas & MGDesigns have some feedback – check it out by opening your doc in MSWord (I’ll be rechecking folders for progress today)
- VIRTUAL OFFICE HOURS again tomorrow from 10 – 12. It was great to see some of you! Stop by to ask questions, get feedback, or just check-in. 🙂 (Use the same invite in your email last week – if you need a new one, let me know)
- BookTalk! There are some good ones posted (and I’m about to check who has booktalked to show complete in Skyward)