DUE DATES: If you are looking strictly at the MG Schedule, you’ll see we are a day or two behind and that is okay. Just check the website deadlines for when things are actually due – I’ve been building in extra time to let you get online feedback from each other in Flipgrid and to leave time for questions via email and such.
- Indie read – the usual 15 to 20 – everyday!
- Quickwrite* #37: Using one of your MG topic possibilities as inspiration, let’s play with genre in our notebooks. Create either a set of how-to instructions or a a list of originally created dictionary definitons (terms related to your topic with YOUR OWN definitions) (if you run out of ideas for one genre, try the others).
- It’s time to start writing. Where will you begin? That is up to you. You will need from 6 to 8 pages (not counting your title page) complete. You might start with your research piece – or maybe poetry – or dear reader – or even extra genres that you have in mind (use your notebook for inspiration here – you might have something recent worth developing further). This 6 – 8 pages, to be clear, can be a variety of things adding up to 6 to 8 pages. You can move, change, and rearrange it all later. Just write it. You are welcome to keep it all one document (that’s what I would do) or you could make several individual docs for now and combine them later if you want (that’s more work, but organize as you wish).
- New videos later today to address common questions I’m getting from students via email and office hours. Check them out in the rcmg20 Flipgrid to learn more (about what sources are acceptable and what exactly, these recent quickwrites are after).
- ANOTHER PLACE FOR HELP on the MG: click the tab at the top labeled “Multi-Genre FAQs” – you’ll find a question-answer format that might address or clarify questions you have about this project.
- Mark #1 is 6 to 8 total pages (your choice as to what that might include) – we’re going to push this due date to SUNDAY 4/5
- MGDesign due no later than end of day Monday 3/30 – YESTERDAY! (See directions on Friday’s post & a template in Dropbox)
- Check in in your WC Group Flipgrid to share your MGDesign
- VIRTUAL OFFICE HOURS again tomorrow from 10 – 12. It was so good to see some of you yesterday! Stop by to ask questions, get feedback, or just check-in. 🙂 (Use the same invite from Tuesday – I emailed it to your school email earlier this week)
- Google survey about Hamlet group paper experience (I have almost all of these. Check the webpost or your school email for the link)
- A total of 4 Memory Book one-pagers should be in a sub-folder in your Dropbox submissions folder. (These are just hanging out waiting for Memory Book work in May. But if you haven’t written them, this would be a great time to do so.)