READ: Read Aoud – What Do You Do With an Idea? by Kobi Yamada & Mae Besom
WRITE: Quickwrites #20 & #21 – Choose 2 of 3 genres – “to do”/actions list, dialogue (two or more characters, real or imagined), self-written dictionary-style definitions (words/terms associated with a singular topic)
STUDY & NEW ASSIGNMENT: Take a look at research design – Talk-through video on GClassroom with an example
WORK TIME: Consider what you need to prioritize next and use this time for in-class work.
- RESEARCH DESIGN due no later than end of Thursday 4/8 – upload/create to your Dropbox drafts folder or use the Template (I’ll add it to your Drafts folder) and change the doc title as needed
- Check out the Multi-Genre FAQs page (tab at top of this site) if you are still grappling with this concept or just want to understand it better
- GENRE REQUIREMENTS & OPTIONS – watch this series of videos (<20 min. total) before you return from Spring Break 4/6 (check out the accompanying PDF too – REQUIRED Genres Pieces Elements)
- MLA Citation comments are complete for everyone’s CCR (cited commentary) papers. Check them out in Dropbox comments, make changes as needed, and update your Book Club papers accordingly (use this learning across papers – it’s okay to make changes to ANY of your papers ).
- WRITE CLUB 2-Type Feedback* – Visit your group Flipgrid and watch/read/listen to your members’ papers. Next 1) Reply with a short video. Then 2) Visit each of these two papers in Dropbox/MSWord and leave 5-8 constructive comments. *See the FLIPGRID WRITE CLUB slides attached to GClassroom for details (in both yesterday’s stream & attached to the assignment located in classwork). Was DUE 3/25.
- MG IDEA EXPLORATION – PDF link above & available through GClassroom. Turn in in Dropbox & Flipgrid. Was DUE 3/28.
- MB SHORT #4 (last one of these) Was DUE 4/5.