READ ALOUD: Dreamers by Yuyi Morales
WRITE: Quickwrite #18 /notes – make notes while watching or respond after watching the New York TImes interviews below
STUDY/CREATE: Instructions & Passwords for BOOK CLUB #2 Padlet board work. Click the appropriate link below or visit padlet.com and use the “good word” for the book you chose to read. Then answer (thoroughly) any 4 of the questions between today 11/23 & end of day Sunday 12/6. Be sure you are logged into Padlet so you name shows & you receive credit for your entries. (Note: your posts won’t show up until Mrs. C approves them.)
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han – alltheboys
- The Marrow Thieves by Cherie Dimaline – marrowthieves
- Barely Missing Everything by Matt Mendez – barelymissing
- Internment by Samira Ahmed – internment
- Patron Saints of Nothing by Randy Ribay – patronsaints
- Mexican Whiteboy by Matt de la Pena – mexicanwhiteboy
- I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika L. Sanchez – mexicandaughter
- The Young Elites by Marie Lu – youngelites
TO DO: Keep reading!!! (Other than catching up on whatever you might be missing – writing &/or notebook entries – it’s all I’m asking you to do over Thanksgiving break.) Reading time w/ check-ins in class! 🙂
REMINDERS & UPDATES: Don’t forget it’s not too late to complete writing that you skipped earlier in the semester. Check out the page tabs at the top of the website to find MC LIT/ENGLISH 5-7 WRITING ASSIGNMENTS & MC LIT/ENGLISH 5-7 NOTEBOOK CHECKLIST. This weekend would be a great time to make sure your notebook entries are caught up (and if they are digital, rename your Worddocs appropriately).
Enjoy your Thanksgiving time off. See you next Monday!