Rhetoric & Comp – Monday, May 11th – IMPT MEMORY BOOK INFO!!!
DEADLINE: (REPOST) DIGITAL MEMORY BOOK – See the handout here Memory book 8a semester 2020 covid 19 adapted or on the SPRING2020 tab above and watch a video talk through with flipcode rcmg20 (check the new topic Digital Memory Book). This project is due no later than the end of day Tuesday 5/12 and it’s all about YOU. (You can find a tutorial on what your MEMORY BOOK folder should look like when complete on the Flipgrid). YES, THIS IS DIGITAL! PLEASE READ THE HANDOUTS.
IMPORTANT! – YOUR Memory Book folder has to be INSIDE the Submissions folder for Mrs. C to see it. IF you create a new, free-standing folder, and don’t put it IN the sub folder (or specifically share it with me) then I CAN’T see it and it will look as if you did not do this project!! IF you want to change the name of your MB Shorts folder and put things there, that’s fine too (it doesn’t have to be separate anymore). PLEASE name your papers as indicated on the last page of the assignment sheet!! It gets really confusing when you name them just whatever.
OTHER MEMORY BOOK FAQs:
- Q: Do you have to cite pictures used in focus pages?
- A: No. This book is for you – not a research project, so use whatever pictures you want.
- Q: Is there a length requirement for Foci & Reflections?
- A: No. Most will be on just one page. The key here is to give the reader some variety in genre. Use what you learned when you created your MG paper to drive your creativity.
- Q: Do I still need my MB Shorts copied in a separate folder.
- A: No. You can move them to your Memory Book folder. Same goes for the full-length chapters that might still be hanging out in your Fall Portfolio folder.
- Q: Are there still office hours tomorrow to ask last minute questions?
- A: Yes. Stop in by using the May Virtual Office Hours invite.
QW EXTRA CREDIT INFO: Check out the new topic on Flipgrid rcmg20 to see how you can show me your notebook entries virtually for bonus points. KEEP YOUR NOTEBOOKS! (They are yours. Put them in a drawer or a closet or something. You won’t believe how interesting they will be in a few years, when you can revisit your 17-year-old self). Quickwrite evidence due by end of next Thursday 5/14.
Multi-Genre: Still have a few of you who haven’t uploaded/recorded MG Presentations on the Flipgrid. Check out a few of your friend’s projects while you are there. You’ll find interesting work and amazing creativity.
Survey: Please fill out the end of course survey here: English 7A/8A Survey & Permission or through the link on Google classroom or through the email you will get later today (I will be recording in Skyward who has completed the survey & I’d love to get them all back by 5/13).