Read aloud & Indie read. Quickwrite #11: College app idea development w/ double-entry journal (see Mrs. C for the slide). Study: review the trends from yesterday’s sample college app essays. In Class side-venture: Letters – learn to write one & imitate a letter to a college (you don’t really have to send it).
For your letter:
- Use the example letter as a pattern
- Open your submissions folder in Dropbox and work there in MSWord
- Write a fictitious (or real) letter to a college (a real college)
- Use proper letter format
- Name the document “LETTER” and leave it in your submissions folder
- If you don’t finish in class, finish tonight on your own
Upcoming: College App Essays due for WRITE CLUB Friday, Oct. 11 (aka Thursday 11:59pm). You WILL have lab time in class on Thursday.
Other Info: Check out the @ReadWarriors tab above for Twitter book recommendation requirements. I’ll be looking for each of you to have one for October, November, & December. Details above!