Book talk & Indie read. Quickwrite #9: “5 Things You Can Do to Improve Your ___________” Activity: How to address an envelope. Reading: “How to Email Your Professor (without being annoying AF)” by Laura Portwood-Stacer.
Supplemental reading about emails:
- Re: Your recent email to your professor – from Inside Higher ed
- 18 Etiquette Tips for Emailing Your Professor – from US News & World Report
WRITE CLUB #1 recap: Nice work yesterday. Hopefully, it was valuable to read your paper aloud, hear the papers others wrote, get some preliminary feedback, and just get to know your group better.
- Make sure EVERY paper you write in here has a title (not the document name, but a real title – you don’t have to use the ones on the memory book sheet either – make them your own).
- Keep your Pre-conference sheets (label them with the title of your paper). Having them at the end of the semester will make your portfolio work easier.
- Revise as you’d like. I won’t be asking you to submit papers for a bit, so now’s your chance to use your group’s feedback and suggestions to improve your writing in glorious ways.
Assignment preview: Email Mrs. Connolly by Monday morning. You can ask a legit question or just make something up, but show you know how to write an appropriate email to a professor (not like a text message).
Deadline: Notebooks collected TOMORROW! (10/4) —- Don’t forget your QW Xtra!