Book talk & Indie read. Quickwrite #8: “Can We Auto-Correct Humanity?” by Prince EA. Intro to writing for Long Way Down with 4 options.
See handouts for poetry from Long Way Down.
- My Name Is:
- Step 1 – mirror the poem – make it about YOU
- Step 2 – in a loose “essay” tell the reader who you are
- The Rules:
- Step 1 – mirror poems w/ your own rules for ________
- Step 2 – follow w/ either an “essay” that expands on these – OR – a story that incorporates your rules
- Things That Happen: 1. Screaming 2. Sirens 3. Questions
- Step 1 – adapt/mirror poems
- Step 2 – story that incorporates it (CAN be fictional)
- People: Who would be on your elevator? (alive or dead) Who, from your life, would show up? CHOOSE 1 of 2 pages
- Step 1 – mirror the poems w/ YOUR 3 people
- Step 2 – follow with “essay” or story
- CHOOSE an option for your writing
- Read something!
- Finish setting up Dropbox and sharing folders