Follow these directions and tips to check out your instructor’s feedback and learn to manage revision.
- Find your paper in our shared Submissions folder in Dropbox. Open in MSWord or DOWNLOAD the paper with WFB on the end of the document title. (Comments can only been seen in Word, not Dropbox).
- Check out the comments in the right hand column. (If they aren’t there, use the “review” tab and select “show comments”).
- Step away. It takes time to digest feedback and sometimes more than one read through to understand and/or accept it. (That’s OK)
- Return to the paper when you are ready to make changes.
- Sometimes it’s easier to address simple “fixes” first. Clean up little errors; go back through and watch for other instances of the same kinds of mistakes.
- Delete the comments by switching to the “review” tab at the top. (You can eliminate them one at a time or wait and get rid of them all at once.)
- Tackle the big items – the content, the organization, the beginning, ending, the “and then. . . ” feel, etc.
- Watch out. Changes in one place sometimes necessitate changes in other places. Unfortunately revision can be messy and there are NO guarantees.
When you’ve revised to a point you are content, reread your work and don’t forget to save it. When it’s ready for review, UPLOAD again to our shared folder. Please change the flag on the document title from WFB to RV to indicate that revisions have been made to the paper. Schedule a 5-minute conference with Mrs. C for reviewing your NEW paper and discussion how you (substantially) revised.
Earn more points based on the effectiveness of your revised piece.
Deadline for re-submitting is anytime before the last two weeks of the semester (as long as you conference). Revisions are NOT required. That’s up to you.
Get serious about revising – you can thank me later. . . or not.
– Mrs. C = )