Book talk & Indie read. Notebook return – how to build a good notebook entry. Quickwrite #9: Spoken word poetry – specific to your lit. circle read (see links below if you need to rewatch).
- The Color Purple – “Pinata” by Pages Matam
- The Hate U Give – “How the Hood Loves You Back” by Steven Willis
- Things Fall Apart – “I Am Nigerian” by Nkiru Asika
- Everything Everything – “Oreo” by Tucker Bryant
- All American Boys – “cuz he’s black” by Javon Johnson
Deadlines: Resubmit notebooks for more points by end of school day Friday. THIS TIME ONLY you can add on or make up missed entries.
Keep reading! Lit. circle finish goal is Friday 9/15.